About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Bakers!..change of plans - Please READ!

Lara asked that I post:

Unfortunately, due to the bad weather passing through today and expected tomorrow, the Woodlands Earth Day Festival (where our bake/lanyard sale & Erin's Tribute was being held) has been cancelled. However, the great news is that we will still be able to sell everything the bakers have made but in College Station at sweet Erin's school carnival tomorrow. Please, if you were reading this and were planning on getting your baked goods to Lara on Saturday at 8:00a, bring them to Lara's this evening or have them there by 7:30a instead, since we will need to begin driving to College Station early. If you were planning on bringing your goods to the actual festival, please get them to her by the time stated above. If this perhaps won't fit in with your schedule you could always take it upon yourself to sell them yourself to friends, neighbors, family, etc. and give the money to Lara for CNCF later. Thanks again to those who baked for this event! If you have further questions please contact Lara.

Carmen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ate way too many of my broken cookies!!! Now my donation is sitting on the table calling me!!! However I was able to sell $20 so far. I plan to sell more or donate them to TCh if I don't eat them!!!

Kristen said...

Hi Lara!

Thanks so much for your kind comment and birthday wishes, it completely made my day!

I too, love that quote, and read it quite often after my little friend, Liam, passed away from NB in Nov. 2005. (www.liamjameskane.com) I babysat for Liam and his sister for a long time, and was very close with their family. It was such a hard time, but that quote really put my mind at ease and helped me to heal, although some days are still sad.

I check in on Hans often, and I have been so happy to hear of his continued NED status and that he's doing well with the ABT-751 !!

Also, way to go with the baked good sale! Glad to hear it was a success despite the bad weather.

Hope this week is a great one for you guys :-)

Kristen