About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Drop of Carmel Honey



Okay -so - big news around here.
I caved! We've been dreaming about a dog for some time. It seemed that a Female Golden Retriever puppy was the best match for us. Hans had such faith that "God was building us a new doggy", I finally thought - who am I to get in the way of that?
I guess, too, it just the best medicine for our boy. Elle doesn't mind one bit! We were supposed to pick out a unique name for the AKC papers - I was thinking of "honey" before we picked her out, as soon as I met this one I started thinking of names like Carmelita and Carmel. We'll call her Honey, or maybe Carmel, but Hans says Honey a lot better.
Just wanted to share that news.

Please, please keep the prayers coming for lovely scans on Tuesday. It's always extremely nerve-wracking to go thru this scan process.

Thank you!

Love, Lara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your puppy! It's the same breed as Uncle Quinn and Ashley's dogs! Grandpa Dale is going to be envious of you all. Have fun teaching her manners and new tricks!! Prayers for Tuesday.

Love, Grandma Kathy, Grandpa Dale XOXO

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! After seeing the pictures of your new puppy with the kids I almost want to get another dog.But for now,"bad kitty" will just have to do.She does follow me around when I am outside doing chores-mostly grandma's.You guys are ALWAYS in our thoughts! Grandpa Dale

Anonymous said...

What a precious puppy! Almost as cute as Hans and Elle!
Uncle Tommy says he wants you all to checkout the dog trainer on Animal Planet =)
Love and Prayers,
G'ma Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Hans and Ellie-
congrats on the puppy! Dogs are great and give lots of LOVE and Kisses and give you unconditional love. Be patient and keep training him and I am sure he will be a long time buddy to you all! Yeah, for doggies!!

Kerry and Madi and Sean