About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Quick Good News Report!

Hi,
I just wanted to share some happy news: Our little friend Chloe's biopsy came back clear! It was just some scar tissue and other non-tumor matter that they saw in the scan! Wonderful! Little Chloe went to third grade for two days, then checked into TCH for the biopsy procedure on Wednesday. What a joy that she can just check right out and go back to school. I know the surgery was rough on her! I am just so happy to share this news:)

On another happy note - Hans is taking his Accutane quite well! I am actually beside myself. Yesterday was Day One on Accutane. The morning dose was pretty rough, but he was totally compliant for the evening dose. I bought a can of Reddi Whip and I put just about a teaspoon of it on a spoon, and put the bright yellow jelly bean-sized yellow pill right on top. I never thought it would really work. But, he just swallowed it right down and washed it down with juice. This morning he woke up and said, "Oh, did you want me to take my big yellow med?" And I said "yes," and he did it just like that!

We aren't doing much this weekend - maybe we'll work on the yard and hang around. Elle had her first practice last night. The coach seems really nice! Lightning and thunder hit about 5 minutes into practice. The girls were so disappointed that the coach moved them into a covered pavilion to practice juggling and throw-ins.

Lara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hans you are such a super boy! Way to go taking you big yellow med, we are so proud of you! I don't know ANYONE as brave as you are! Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Chloe!! That's such great news. Also nice that Elle doesn't have to worry about her little friend.

Love you all, XOXO

Anonymous said...

HI guys
I finally figured out how to use your website. I have been checking on Hans and everything seams to be going great. I guess that we wil run into yall at the next support group meeting at the end of Sept. See ya then

Tracy Ash