About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hans Good to Go on Accutane

Hi there,

Hans had another clinic visit today. His counts seem to be recovering somewhat. His sodium was still a tad low - he needs more fries! His liver enzymes were just a bit elevated. But, nonetheless, he got the thumbs up to start Accutane. Wish us luck! I just hope we can get him to take it. He hasn't taken anything in pill form yet.

Hans was pretty pleased with a special appearance by his buddy, Dr. Rainusso, to his clinic visit. He weighed in at 11.9 kilos, and his height was 93.6 cms. So, he's just sort of holding his own for now...

The great news is that we're not due back at the clinic until SEPTEMBER 27th! I'll just have to keep you posted on other things, I guess:) Look for information about Lunch For Life to come soon!

Love, Lara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lara,
When my daughter was taking Bactrum after her chemo, we could only get her to take it in pill form covered in chocolate sauce. We would use Hershey's chocolate syrup. First, she would take a teaspoon full of syrup to coat her mouth. Next, she would take a teaspoon of syrup with the pill and if need a follow up teaspoon of plain syrup. The chocolate coats the mouth and covers up the taste.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Congratulations, Elle!!! I don't think anyone in the family has EVER tackled a "TRI!" WHOO HOO...you are the first!!! Congratulations to Taylor, Kelly, AND Chloe, too!!

I just know you will love third grade as much as I do...after all, this is my NINTH year! Every year I am just amazed at the things I learn from my 8 year old "teachers!" So, I look forward to comparing class notes with you!!!

Hansie...chocolate and french fries seem to be on your menu! But don't forget...the fruits, nuts, and berries! FORAGE in the grocery store with mom and dad!

I am pleased all is well...I love you very much...Aunt Susy

Anonymous said...

Great newss! Hans-I suppose you know McDonalds has the best fries!That chcolate syrup sounds good too! Eat Up!!! Love Cindy