About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Perfect Days

We are fortunate to have nothing to report but some perfect days. Hans has been doing school, helping us in the yard, planting flowers, laying mulch, making soup! It's all good. Elle is going a mile a minute with school and extra curriculars and now working - she had her first job babysitting this weekend, thanks Shannon!

I'm sure everyone in the world has heard Arms Wide Open won the $250,000 for NB research. Yay! Thanks for your votes. I hope there are few more Pepsi grant applications that come through for us in the future. I know that Support Kids' Cancer Research has submitted their application once again, so we can keep voting for them HERE or Text* 102462 to Pepsi (73774)! NB probably has hundreds of different parent fundraising organizations - I sure like it when we all work together for the greater good.

I was posting nearly every day during September for Pedi Cancer Awareness month, I don't think I'll have as much to say this month, so we can go back to a couple/few times each week. We go to Philly this week. I am praying so hard for great news that I can't even tell you! I am praying for Hans and our friend Patrick who each have scans this week. Thanks for joining me and keeping these two and all the children in your thoughts and prayers.

Peace, Love & Cure,
Lara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, there!
Congratulations on being awarded the research monies! WOW!

As you head towards CHOP, my love and best wishes will be flying right beside you!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy

Unknown said...

wooo hooo - what a lovely thing - and if anyone deserves perfect days its you guys....
big hugs
liz rob and girls