About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Waiting for Discharge!


Here's a picture that Elle's teammate Allison took over the wknd. Go Elle! The game was great I guess. Elle scored a goal. A beautiful punt from our goalie that Elle tapped in right over the goalie's head! I wish I could have seen it. We won that game 2-1. Just the news we needed to hear from the ER Saturday morning.

Hans and I are just hanging on the 9th floor. Hans is actually looking pretty great now!!! We are just trying to stay entertained and bust out of here. We watched Home Alone 2 last night and I don't think I've EVER heard Hans laugh so hard. He didn't eat so much besides chips and soda yesterday, but breakfast is all about bacon to Hans when we are inpatient, and he's already eaten what came on his tray and sent me out for more.

That's about it! Kevin and Elle were home last night and are at work/school today. Thanks to Rebecca my Girl Scout Co-leader who took over our first meeting for me at the last minute. And thanks to Debbie for taking care of Elle yesterday while I came back down to the hospital. She even sent me off with the most delicious lunch!

Please Keep Voting - TEN more days of voting. I've heard through the grapevine that we were in third for at least a brief moment in the wee hours on Sunday, but we're back in fourth, and 32nd. Vote for Arms Wide Open Here, or by texting Text* 102653 to Pepsi (73774). AND vote for Support Kids Cancer Research HERE or Text* 102462 to Pepsi (73774)! You have to click the link, register and sign in to vote!
Thanks,

Lara

No comments: