About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Cruisin Along...

Hi Guys,
I guess from our neck of the woods, no news is rather good news! It has been pretty gloriously normal around here. I get all kinds of mixed feelings about posting things like this - worried that I may be jinxing myself. But I'm just pretty much deciding that I will accept it as the new normal. For now, life is good! I sort of get the sense that I should think of this as a break, or enjoy it for now, but I am sort of refusing to do that. I am just hoping that Hans will be okay, and I'm trying not to worry about future scans. Isn't 'living in the moment' what we're all supposed to be doing anyway?

We have been... planting flowers:) riding bikes, wrapping up the basketball season (with 4 baskets Saturday!), soccer, a school carnival, girl scouts, beading, CNCF fundraising stuff, etc. etc. Just normal stuff and it's pretty sweet!

We have dates for our next set of scans. We will actually fly up to Philly on the 24th, and back on the 25th. We will only do the MIBG, and get the results from Dr. Maris on the morning of the 25th.

I wanted to share the flyer for our upcoming fundraiser garage sale (but it won't post, darn it!) You still have a few days to get things to me if you have extra stuff laying around! The garage sale is Saturday morning - and I will be there parts of the morning, and I am making a trip on Weds in the morning...

We have a clinic visit Thursday, where we'll check labs, including Liver Panel, to make sure that everything is A okay to start the next round of ABT-751. I'll try to post soon with pics...

Gotta run - check on screeching kids/playing with dog!

Lara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear ALL is well in The Woodlands!!!

Enjoy each moment...thinking of you!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well!!
We enjoyed seeing you & Hans in the clinic. Hans looks great!
Will be praying hard for upcoming scans!
claire