About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I guess it's not all black and white...

There was another piece of the consult in Philapelphia that sort of threw me for a loop. It has taken me a couple of days to post about it - while I wrap my mind around it. At some point in the conversation, Dr. Maris said - 'I don't see anything on the last scans.' What? Okay. I said, 'you mean Neuroblastoma?' He confirmed. However, he did explain that when you are looking at a scan saved on a disc, you can't manipulate it - adjust the contrast - zoom in to questionable areas, etc. I remembered our last scan review appointment, and Dr. Russell said she wouldn't have seen it. But, the radiologists in our Nuc Med department found two areas, so - there definately could have been something there.

Then, for the rest of the consult - it seemed like Dr. Maris spent more time focusing on options we could look at if Hans is NED after scans next week, than he did discussing what to do if his MIBG lights up.

No one knows what the scans will look like until we go through them - but I thought I'd post about all this because now we all have one more reason to pray for those pretty, clean scans.

Life is a trip.

Lara

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers are what we have and all we have to help Hans right now, and he has thousands coming his way.
With my love,
G'ma Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Oh, indeed, prayers continue to flow and wrap Hans...all of you up in love!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers are being said for Hans and your family! I will have my bible study group pray for Hans also, when we meet on Tuesday. Love to you all, Cindy

Talita said...

Praying that Hans scans realy do come in clear and that NED is just around the corner...
Hugs from Brasil
Talita-calebs mom