About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Going Inpatient Due to Ike!

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone know that they finally figured out what to do with us. They gave us the option of declining tomorrow's chemo and just staying home, or...
sticking around as inpatient tomorrow to get the full dose of Round I of Irino/Temodor. I didn't think missing 20% of chemo was a real option. They got Dr. Russell on the phone and she concurred (she's at a Children's Oncology Group Conference in Philly). We are now waiting for the room. Hans should be done at noon tomorrow. IF road and weather conditions look decent, we'll be headed home at noon. But, if not, we'll ride out the storm on the 9th floor (actually - I can only hope they are able to put us up on the ninth floor)!
Kev was here to make the big decisions with me, but then he headed home to batten down the hatches and ready our place for a storm. I hope the roads aren't getting too bad out there for everyone!
I had a feeling we'd be going inpatient - so I decided to pull Elle out of school this morning as Hans and I headed into clinic. I just felt I should grab her since everything was such a big question mark...I'm sure glad I did!
Will update later. Hospital should be pretty good on generator.
Lara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

So glad to hear you will be in great care!

Be safe! Prayers and love for you!
Aunt Susy

Vickie said...

We have room 933 warmed up for you (although I think Walter took down the decorations).

Good luck.

VB

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad that you are safe and getting the care that Hans needs at TCH.

I'm thinking of "y'll" down there in Texas!

Love ya,

Roxie

Shelly Cassada said...

Stay safe my friends!! We love and are praying for ya'l..

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you come out with some good (not scary) hurricane stories. We're thinking of you here in SD.

Margot, Neil, Sam, Andy and Charlie