About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wow - it has been almost a week

Since I posted. I guess we've been busy - time sure does fly when we're OFF Accutane. We still get to enjoy this week and then start up (the 6th and final!) round of Accutane on Saturday or Sunday. Hans has a clinic visit on Thursday. I'm curious to see how he's doing on his height/weight - so I'll let you know. He has been doing fine! He had nosebleeds a couple times one day and he has been taking more naps lately, but I think that's all normal kid stuff. But, it'll also be nice to see his counts on Thursday. He has been fully enjoying his "park" - going out there several times each day. It was cute though, the ladies from Make-a-Wish came out to snap some pictures and I was prodding to get him to say thank you. And, he pretty much flat out asked when he was going to the Rain Forest and to see the Volcano! Hans I guess thinks he should get two wishes! Why not?

We had a whirlwind of fun with my mom and Uncle. We got ten pounds of Berries at The King's Orchard, went to Chuck E Cheese with some friends, also went to the Dinosaur museum, and once again hit Johnny Rockets. We got a few requisite pictures of Hans in a field of Bluebonnets (a Texas thing - Elle was off at school), and then before we knew it - it was time to take them back to the airport. I'm glad they were here it was like getting two Spring Breaks!

I need another favor from all you Texans out there - please send one more email regarding your desire to have Kae Bailey Hutchison sign on to the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act- only this time, please direct it to her Legislative Aide in charge of Health Care issues. Her name is Ms. Cameron Krier, and her email is cameron_krier@hutchison.senate.gov your email can really be short and sweet - go to www.curesearch.org for ideas. We are very close to getting the 60 Senators we need -as of yesterday there were 58 signed on to the bill. We just need two more, and I'd be pretty proud to have Senator Hutchison as one of the last two to sign on. I just made a PowerPoint presentation for Ms. Krier and Ms. Hutchison just to illustrate why one family needs that bill signed. If I can figure out how to post it, I will, if not - if you email me at kevinandlara@hotmail.com, I'll share it with you!

Have a good week -
Lara

1 comment:

Will's Dad said...

Great job with the powerpoint. I'd love to finally see your senator get signed on... or AT LEAST offer a truthful explanation to her objections simply because I can not possibly fathom what they could be. Great idea on the MAW gift....and since I'm so lazy I may grow out my hair for locks of love if for no other reason than to put off getting a haircut for quite some time.

I am hopeful that accutane continues to do it's job and if you don't mind please give "Texas Will" Sullivan a hello from me the next chance you get.

Patrick Lacey, father to Will who is and NB patient in Boston MA.