About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 12, already!


Hi,

Hans seems to be taking this round (of Accutane) in stride so far. His skin looks a little bit better today, less red rash, a lot of peeling places... He has been a pretty good sport. I'm glad there's a light at the end of the tunnel, though. We're only on for two more days, then off for two weeks. It'll be perfect timing b/c my mom and Uncle Dean are coming up for four days next week during her spring break. I'm very excited. I can't wait to take them for the best hot fudge sundae I have ever tasted (at Culver's), and my Uncle is also planning to treat us to Chuck E Cheese. Hans is also getting another great surprise on Tuesday - but I'm gonna leave you hanging for a couple of days on that one - more next week!


I just want to give a couple updates or "shout out's" My friend Dana is having a tumor removed on her neck this Friday. We are praying it is benign, as the doctors believe it will be. But Friday will be a rough day for her and her family. Also, my friend Bernie, from Little Saints Preschool, had precious baby Luke two weeks ago. He was born with a rare heart condition and has already endured open heart surgery. I was so thrilled to hear a couple of days ago that they now have a room on the Cardiac floor, and are no longer in the ICU. He is doing so well! Finally, I just heard from my friend Kelly that she has finally found a chemo cocktail that is producing SHRINKAGE of her relapsed breast cancer! Hooray! It's a little crazy how many people we all know are facing traumatic health situations....


On a lighter note, Carmen forwarded this picture to me from the Houston Rodeo and Fergie Concert Last Friday... Like I said, it was fun!


Lara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers to everyone throughout their medical journeys.

That is so cool that Dean is going to come out with your mom! Hope you all have a wonderful time.

Love, Kathy