About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Please send letter of support Today!

There is pending legsilation in congress called the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act. This bill was put together by a senator and a legislator whose adopted daughter died of Neuroblastoma. The legislation would increase pediatric cancer funding, among other things. Our doctor has explained to us that this funding has been dwindling over the past four years.
Please click http://olpa.od.nih.gov/legislation/109/pendinglegislation/childhoodcancer.asp to read more.
I think we all need to send letters of support to our congresspeople and our senators. It is fairly easy to send your congressperson an email. Just click: http://www.house.gov/writerep/.
Don't forget your Senators, just click here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm.

I am going to send them all a letter today.

Thank you so much!

Lara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done sending letters - thanks for letting us know these easy ways we can support from afar.

Great news on the bone marrow scan. Keeping those clean, bacteria-free prayers and thoughts flowing!

Love and hugs to all,
Aunt Holly and Uncle Michael

Blair said...

I'm about to send everyone I can an e-mail, and I copied the blog and sent it to everyone in my address book...

Carmen said...

Sent two letters out from the Smileys...

Love,
Carmen and Jim (and the boys)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I just emailed our senators and congressman. I've also forwarded the request to all my friends and family. We'll be sure to get the word out!
Love you guys,

Shelley, Tim and Greta

Anonymous said...

I will definitely send a letter. I also wanted to say "hello" and let you know you are all in my thoughts. You may remember me-- I'm a good friend of Shelley's & we met at a couple of Greta's birthday parties. Anyway, I will be thinking of Hans and sending lots of healthy recovery vibes his way.