About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oh man, 3.1

Ah shucks. I guess I found my whiny place once again. They came to measure Hans EARLY today and he was at 3.1. I believe that if we were literally anywhere in the two's today we'd be packing up for home.
The good news is they have agreed to come back and rescan us at 3:30 today. I am trying not to get my hopes up, but that's not working out so well for me.
I am a little worried that if he is in the 2's at 3:30 everything with the scan/discharge process will take so long that it will be tooo late for us to be let out of here. We can only go straight home from here if we are let out in the two's. No family house, no hotel. Oh well. We'll see.

Since I'm whining, I'll just say that we have three people trying to get our packages. The crazy thing is no one seems to know where the mail room is. Hans has no fewer than FIVE packages waiting for him in the mail room.

Okay - and just to make thngs weirder around here, the whole hospital system is changing its medications tracking system to an ID band scanning system. This change has been two years in the works and is causing everyone much distress. It also somehow means they have to get a gigantic computer rolled in through my cubby into my poor baby neighbor's room at all hours of the night. We had a Fire alarm at midnight, at which time I was yelled at to move the stool with my computer on it away from the emergency exit door. Oh boy!

Hans is doing better than I am. He would just like his packages! :)

I was actually doing fine last night. We had some quiet time, I caught up on a couple netflix movies on my laptop in my chair, came in to watch to a couple of shows with Hans from the other side of the lead wall. He is really into Finding Bigfoot these days:) I'll let you know if we somehow miraculously bust out of here and make it home tonight. For now, here we sit. One more uncomfortable night. Waaah.

In the sweet news column, our friend Kim, Phil's mom and Desmond's grandma is on her way up with some Jack in the Box for Hans. Sweet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After Hans locates Big Foot - his sleuthing skills will be so good that no doubt he will find his packages!

Hugs & Love,
G. Kathy XOXO

Anonymous said...

YIKES...chaos!!!!

May the packages appear miraculously!

May 3:31 P. M. find you on the road homeward!

Love, hugs, and smooches!!
Aunt Susy