- Not much to post here - Hans seems to be doing well! He is on Day 6 of Round 22 of MLN8237. He is squeezing his eyes together a bunch so I do think he's having a little bit of the light sensitivity/blurred vision side effect that comes and goes for him on this med. He hasn't had that one for a while. We'll get counts locally on Wednesday and make sure he is still doing well.
- My mom is here for her spring break. She actually came down to watch the kids while we rode the BP MS 150. But, that didn't quite happen. I'm trying to get our registration fees rolled over to a ride in California in October.
- We've been doing fun spring stuff...end of soccer, end of girl scouts, we went to see RIO! It was actually very cute. It seems like Hans is wanting to get out there a little more. A lot of times he said he'd rather wait til the movie comes out on DVD. So, way to go Hans...
- Here are some pics... Hans found the first cherry tomato of spring, here he is with "party lights for your fingers" at the Cracker Barrel restaurant last night, Hans and Grandma Stephanie working on dyeing Easter Eggs, and finally Elle and Grandma S. at work on taxes and school work:)
- That's about all we know right now... 26 more days o' school for Hans! He can't wait for the pools to open.
- Kevin has been having a good time at the new job. We're all missing each other - but it's okay. He went up to his grad school stompin' grounds - Santa Cruz/UCSC to visit some friends this past wknd! We are all excited that such visits will be part of our not too distant future.
- Hans Weberling
- Bakersfield, CA, United States
- Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.