About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Whew.

Wow - we've really had a whirlwind week. Kevin and I had fun watching the Astros beat the Pirates on Friday night and we ate great chicken and mole at Irma's. Saturday my mom left, and Elle was busy with a soccer game and then I shuttled her halfway down to our friend's (Caley and fam) beach house for a bday party and some knee boarding. Thanks Sheri, for meeting us and Julia, another sportyspice who couldn't miss her saturday soccer game, at the halfway point halfway into the weekend!

Hans and Kev have been having a fun/relaxing weekend.

And, I've been doing something a little different. I started training yesterday for a position with the census. The temporary/part time nature of the job appealed to me. We'll see how it works for me! I get to choose my own hours, so we'll see. It's different - that's for sure.

I haven't taken a pic since Thursday, so, sorry nothing new to post.

Mom- thanks for coming down! Always fun.

Lara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

La, Kevin, Elle and Hans,
I had a BLAST! So much fun to go on the huge Ferris Wheel and to hang out on the beach(with 75 degree water)!!!
I just know Elle got that wonderful history project done for this morning. And it was cool to see Hans working so hard with his teacher. I forgot to say Happy Anniversary when I talked to you yesterday!
Love,
G'ma Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Good morning Weberlings!

So good to know everyone is cruisin'along merrily!

Your census job sounds like an interesting endeavor, Lara...and something just for YOU!

Enjoy a lovely spring day! The birds are singing this morning...however, by this evening they will be clinging wildly to branches (or on the ground), anchoring themselves against the wind!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy