About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Save the Date!



Save the Date for the NB HOPE 5K Fun Run/Walk!

This may not be the final approved draft of the flyer, but put it on your calendar. My friend Tamiko has been working very hard to make this happen. Can't wait. It's my birthday so come on out and walk or run with us!!!!

***** This is a fundraiser entirely for research and parent education for the CNCF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in to send a donation since I won't be there to run/walk with you guys. Lots and lots of love, pl

Anonymous said...

Ditto, what Aunt PL said!! I will put a check in the mail to you made out to cncf - is that the best way to do it if we can't be physically with you guys???

Big Loves to All for a Hoppy and Peaceful Easter,
G'ma Stephanie

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to spend your birthday, Lara!! Are you getting sponsors to fund you per mile, or does the event just raise money through participation?? I'd love to donate, too, so just tell me how!

xo Shelley

Anonymous said...

I've been telling all my friends who run about this!