About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Okay

Hi There,
I wanted to post again that Hans' counts were okay today. HGB 9.3, ANC 1090,and Plt 130. Not too shabby. Hans is looking like himself! We are happy to see it. We also had a vision recheck. Oh, my goodness, do I have a recommendation of a pediatric Opthamologist should your child ever need one. This guy is the sweetest, happiest, kindest doc on the planet I think. I don't think I've ever felt so calm and relaxed with a doctor. I told Kevin, don't worry - he's in his 60's - but I proceeded to go on and on about this guy. I think they should clone him! He told Hans he could be an airline pilot and that we didn't need to be seen back for one year.

Elle is back into the swing of things. We have been easing back to the real world. We've only had volleyball and girl scouts in the evenings. Soccer is on hiatus til next week. She's also had a pretty 'lax time with homework since they've been doing a lot of their benchmark testing for the TAKS. We'll take it! Life feels almost normal tonight:)

I'm planning the next bake sale and it looks like we're leaning toward 2/9/10 for the date. I'll email my bakers soon!

A lot of my NB friends and cyber friends have scans or surgeries or treatment change ups these days. Thinking of: Chase, Mikey, Erik, Sam, Will and Sydney. So happy to report that Colby and Patrick are both enjoying a second remission these days. Cool news!

Everyday is an adventure. Everyday is a gift.

Lara

No comments: