About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

School's back on

Hi - We found out late Tuesday afternoon, that since the CDC changed its recommendations, Glen Loch was back on for today. I missed having my little helper around today! She helped me stain the front deck on Monday! I had more projects in mind for her too. Ah well. Hans and I can still get some things done around here. It seems like everything needs another coat of paint. ugh. I have to be in just the right mood for painting - and it doesn't strikke too often.

Hans is walking around pretty well, still in the splint while we are at home, but he is allowed to wear tennis shoes when we go out. He struck a pretty good deal there with Dr. Russell. We'll go back in again in the morning, but the foot does still have some bruising, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. R. made him use the splint for several more days. We'll see! We are also going into Endocrine tomorrow for a regular check up.

I was surprised to get an email on Monday inviting Elle to a Girl Scouts award ceremony last night. We just learned she was in the top ten of cookie sales for her service unit. She came in at no 6 with 500 boxes sold. The next several girls on the list sold 500 - 600 boxes and the top seller sold 1014! Wow - I don't know how you do that. I told Elle we'd have to drop a few other activities if we wanted to double her sales. She was very sweet about it all, and said "they practically sell themselves." Thanks to all our buyers out there. How fun! I also want to congratulate: Brittany, Kelly, Vika and Carsen, all girls from our troop who sold 300 or more boxes.

Somehow I forgot to mention that May 3rd marked one year into relapse. What a milestone to pass. I remember it was very emotional for me to cross the 8 month point. I guess I was too busy on May 3rd to to think about it too much. Congrats to our friends Joey and Sylvia who received their first communion on that day. Quite a happier occasion to mark!
Lara

1 comment:

Vickie said...

"They practically sell themselves!" Too cute.