About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hans Dancing with Splint



Yesterday Hans didn't move off of the couch once, without us carrying him into the kitchen, or to the potty. Today, he learned to get around with the splint. We are feeling happy that he isn't in too much pain.

Lara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Lara! I don't check in on you for a couple of days and I read all these back posts about Hans! I'm sure his splint won't slow him down for long! Hope clinic goes well. If John was scanning today I would have come to check in on you guys. ;) Talk to you soon,
Sarah

The Harvey Family said...

I love the little mans dance it is great. Emma really liked it too, she started dancing and then when it stopped she put her hands up, as to say " all done" then she waved to Hans.

Love you,
Anna and Emma

Vickie said...

I think the arm position and motion make the dance, even beyond the splint stomp.

Go Hansy Go!

Willie wants to dance along.

Bud Elkins said...

Thanks for all the updates. I liked the videos. Hans, take care of that foot! And Elle, I am so impressed with your 7-18 mile, 7 minute miles are so far in my rearview mirror and i can barely see them, now at 7 minutes I still have a third of a mile to go. Life is good though when we have friends and family to share it with though. I am doing the Spring Cancer relay tonight, i will think of y'all when I take my 4am to 7 am shift.

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! I'm glad he's up an around. We must be living parallel lives because Sam was dancing with his cast last night too. Neil just got back from giving him pills and said he was playing four square. Lasted exactly a day on that one. Sheesh!
Margot and TeamSam