About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Monday, March 23, 2009

More Pics


Elle and Sydney at the Oil Ranch

Elle and Caley with a real Texas Longhorn at the Rodeo

Sheri, Me, Elle and Caley at the concert

Elle and Caley

Hans on Pony Ride at Oil Ranch

Hans - Milking a real cow!

Elle and Caley

I'm just home getting the house ready to be gone a couple of days and packing light bags. Thanks in advance to Ginger and Michelle who are watching Elle and Honey while we're away. Hans is doing great. He just had a little incident at the park where he got bumped (by me, ugh!) and fell over and eventually needed the stress dose steroids, oral, at least, before he was back to normal. Always a little chaotic - but he came back around. I just got off the phone with Endocrine, too. We are going to run chemistries one more time and see if we need to just adjust one of the steroids to help him out with his Sodium. We'll get labs drawn tomorrow up at CHOP.
Just a few more pics to fill out our Spring Break Story. We made it to the Oil Ranch with Elle's friend Sydney for some kid fun, and then Elle and I went to the Rodeo! Thanks to Sheri and Caley for asking us and for the great seats! We saw Taylor Swift. She's kind of an impressive 'kid'! I love it that she writes all her own songs and plays guitar. The girls were in heaven. The girls actually got to stand right up against the gates for most of the show. It was over the top!!! Then, on Saturday morning, I was a good citizen and renewed my CPR/First Aid knowledge for Girl Scout Chaperone duties.... The big udate is that you give 2 breaths - 30 compressions for all ages now. Easy enough to remember. You now don't have to check for a pulse, or give breaths to a stranger when you don't have a mouthgaurd - compressions alone should suffice. Just a little FYI if you haven't had to take a class lately!

Kathy - we picked you a up a little something at the rodeo (early b'day), but the guy next to me accidentally dumped his beer all over my chair! So - I had to throw it in the wash - sorry!!! I was terrified I'd get pulled over, smelling like a brewery, (with a headlight out by the way), but luckily I made it all the way home without having to prove myself with a breathalizer! I wasn't sure the cop'd believe me - but I only had one!

We are praying for good news on Wednesday, specifically, continued NED status with more clean scans! We are also praying big for Erin these days. Apparently she had a little bit of a rough weekend - we can't stop thinking about her! Patrick starts (Round 4?) of Topo/cytox this week. Again - hoping for great results! Thanks for your prayers for these kids!

Love, Lara
I'll post news when I can on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip up to CHOP! We will be thinking about you all and praying for clear results. Glad you guys had some fun over Spring Break and looks like you got through round 2 of ABT.....great!
Love, claire