About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beautiful!

So far so good! Hans is now on Day 6 of the ABT 751 - and it seems he has managed to avoid major complications. Dare I say it or post it? This is beautiful! It is nice to get a breather. I think Hans' outlook is pretty rosy these days. Lately, instead of asking to go on a bike ride, he says, "let's go on a beautiful bike ride!" We've been riding a lot. He is not only going around our whole big mile-long circle, but also exploring each and every cul de sac. He is starting to get better at the rules of the road...stay to the right, keep your helmet on...etc. Today, when it was time to get on the bike to pick Elle up at school, he said, "Let's go get my beautiful sissy!" I have been telling myself I need to start jogging again to keep up with him!

A few events are coming up quickly:

The Sparrow Clubs, Highlanders for Hans is having a Chili's night on Tuesday March the 3rd! A good way to celebrate a big day of TAKS testing... flyer below... It is pretty sweet to know that 1,000 ninth graders 'have our back'!!! Thank you Sparrows!




On March 14th, there will be another fundraiser garage sale in Spring for the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation. If you have any items to donate, just let me know. Drop them here, or I can come get them. Tax Donation receipts available!

April 18th - Earth Day Festival NB bake sale! Looking for bakers, workers, shoppers! Location The Woodlands High School! Proceeds go to the CNCF for more research, to save more kids, now!

Just email me at kevinandlara@hotmail.com for more info!

Please keep some of our sweet friends in your thoughts and prayers this week. Little Michael undergoes his second resection surgery Friday. And, Erin is starting up an additional round of Radiation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Hans is doing well!!!!
Wish we were closer to ride bikes with you guys. Take Care! claire

Anonymous said...

OH, IT IS WONDERFUL TO KNOW LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL IN THE WOOODLANDS!!!!!

Yes, prayers and love go out to all of the dear kiddos!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy

Anonymous said...

Hello! I have heard so much about your family the last few years and have included you all in my prayers. I am a neighbor of Charon Edgington. I am also a teacher at David Elementary and have a student who donated her "locks for love" in Han's name. Today Mrs. Sweebe whispered the great news to me while I was teaching. I asked her to send me this link. I am so pleased to hear your BEAUTIFUL news!