About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, May 09, 2008

MIBG lit up

So - we heard from Dr. Russell that the MIBG lit up in the arm, maybe one funny spot on the leg in the bone scan?? So - the relapse is official. We're painfully switching gears. We may start to treat this as early as Tuesday. I'm just so pleased that we got into that MIBG this week. It would have stunk to wait a whole week!
At first count, we hit $2,500 in bake sale sales! That doesn't even include our debit/credit card sales, or perhaps a few more pre order cakes. And my friend Tracy sold hundreds of her "Beat the hell outta cancer!!!" t-shirts. I think she has more - email me at kevinandlara@hotmail.com if you want to order one. I'll get you her email address. She's only selling them for $10 (probably plus $2 to pop it in the mail.)
I have an idea that I'd like to encourage Lunch for Life bake sales at multiple sites around next valentines day. I think it'd be cool to have them all over! If we can make 2500 at one, how much could we make with more sites? Just stay tuned. I wanted to plant a seed about the possibility for next Valentines day!
I think I'm going to go off line on email and the internet for a few days. I have a puppy to train - and the email seems to suck a lot of my spare moments... The potty training takes a lot of focus! Gosh - hope I've got it in me!

Okay - thanks for your prayers, posts, calls, emails and support this past week. It helps us all feel supported!
Love, Lara

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Lara,

Sending all my concentrated affection and warm thought towards your family this evening, this weekend, and this week!

VB
erinbuenger.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you are all in our thoughts

lots of love
liz rob jemma and flash

Anonymous said...

Lara and Kevin,
Glad to hear you will take a little 'down time' now...
Multiple Lunch for Life Bake Sales next February is a great idea. Certainly if you can do it with all you have to think about and do, I'll bet lots of us can pitch in and get organized for one too!
With lots of love and more prayers,
Mom (Stephanie)

Anonymous said...

Dear Lara, Kevin, Elle, and HANS!

It sounds like Honey has made herself at home!

Enjoy your Mother's Day, Lara! You are amazing!

Sending love and hugs your way!
Aunt Susy

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine that you are the mommy to one more mammal!

Good Luck with the Potty Training and of course happy Mother's day Lara! You are an inspiration.

Sending you all my love and prayers during this time and always.


Roxie
"Hans' Godmother"

Anonymous said...

Lara,
Happy slighty be-lated Mothers Day. Your a great mom and hopefully you had a nice day! Good lucky with Honey and all that is ahead for you and the family.
Your always in our thought and prayers and hope the best. If there is a bake sale in Seattle-count me in.
Kerry and all