About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kevin's Back!

Hey there,
Okay - so it's been a couple days - I didn't even mention it, b/c I guess I've grown a tiny bit paranoid, but Kevin had his first major trip since Hans got sick. He was in South Carolina, off the coast of Charleston, looking at 'modern depositional environments' for the past 8 days. Hans really did well. His mantra, though, was "I'm having a hard time waiting for my dad to get back." He would just tell me that, but he didn't cry and get sad. I guess he thought I wasn't picking him up on purpose or something, because he kept saying things like, "Maybe Ryan's daddy could go get my daddy from the airport." We wonder if he thought his dad was just hanging out at the airport for 8 days, waiting for someone to come and get him.
Hans and I still have this stinkin' cold - so no Accutane yet. I heard from our nurse, Belinda, that Dr. Russell is going to call tomorrow to check in on Hans and we can talk about when we'd all be comfortable starting this last round!
Hans and Ryan had a great time at the Golf Tournament on Monday. His Grace Foundation sure knows how to treat everyone like royalty! We all got to ride around on golf carts, we got lunch, and the boys got some nice presents. We also saw Mark, Carlie's daddy, out on the course, and we also saw Leigh Ann, Serenity's mama. So that was neat and I was happy it went off without a hitch.
We actually don't have a busy weekend ahead of us - Kev will just be happy to have a day off! He brought home lots of shells.
Also, we got Scan Dates - we go back in on the 6th of May. Scans will just be one day this time.
Our dear little friend Chloe is experiencing some pain with her relapsed Ewing's Sarcoma. Please say a prayer for her.
Lara
PS - I did have a lot of fun finally watching Juno! I started reading that book Beautiful Boy by David Sheff about a father who tries to help support his Son through his drug addiction and now that's sucking me in. It's great to have a good book when you have a cold. You have a great excuse to just lay around and read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a good thing accutane was delayed so that Hans' wasn't struggling with the side effects and didn't get so upset about Kev being away for business!
We are all envious of your warm weather - we had snow again last weekend! We are waiting for spring to come for sure!
Love, Kathy and Dale

Anonymous said...

Hi! I hope that nasty cold has left your family. Melissa just moved to Charleston, she will be there for 2 years on an assignment with Boeing. I hav'nt been on the blog in a while, Mel has been having some health problems and we've been going for tests.Drs. have found nothing yet, he keeps getting terrible tummy aches. It's good to hear all your activities and I'm glad Kevin is home safe and sound. We keep your family in our prayers. Love, Cindy