About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, April 18, 2008

A few Random things....

Hooray! I just heard the news - we have all 60 of the senators we needed to sign on to the Conquer Childhood Cancer Act! This is wonderful. But, I'm not sure if we're off the hook yet- we might still need a few more Representatives - so you may not have heard the last from me yet. Unfortunately, it wasn't Senator Hutchison that came around - but maybe there's still hope for her yet:)

It seems like there's a lot going on in the near future, here are some highlights:

If you're in the area - try to come out to the Glen Loch Elementary garage sale tomorrow from 7am - noon at McCullough Jr. High. It's a PTO fundraiser and we'll be out there selling some of our stuff.

Also - my friend Blair helped organize an Alex's Lemonade stand at Market street on May 3rd from 11am - 4pm. Their fundraising goal is 5K for pediatric cancer research.

We're going to hit TWO NB Fundraiser golf tournaments in the next few weeks- Carmen and I are going to make an appearance with Hans and Ryan at the His Grace Foundation Golf Tournament on Monday April 21st. I guess we get to ride around in a golf cart. I'm looking around for a collared shirt that's not too warm. I wouldn't want to get kicked out of the country club...

And then, on Friday May 3rd, we're going, as a family, to Baby Gracie's "Amazing Grace" golf tournament. We're not golfing - just going to join the group for lunch and support the event, and listen to Dr. Russell!

Finally, we're planning the next bake sale! The TCH Pre Mother's Day Cake and Bake sale is set for Friday May 9th from 10 - 3pm! I'm excited. I guess we set the bar a little high with the first sale. I think what ever we sell will be a wonderful contribution to Neuroblastoma research!

I'm probably missing something... but those are the main fundraisers I know about in the next few weeks...

Okay - Hans is doing just fine. He still has a cold - but he's on the downhill slide. He's been working on some more dance moves, so I'll have to put another tape together. He is eating like a horse, as usual. He is still very into his rotisserie chicken, but also loves fresh blackberries and green apples.
Elle has her last soccer game of the season tomorrow, but I think we've finally talked her into trying out Volleyball -so that's coming up next! That's it - I'll let you go now...

Lara

PS - Joey - Glad to hear you made it through surgery okay! Hope you heal up quickly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lara-

Do you have any details for the golf tournament? Can you send them to me. I have booked my tickets and am coming from Jersey for the event and am not sure where and when. Thanks. Love Shari (shari@feinberg.org)