About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Picture Time!

Or, so I thought... blogger doesn't want to load for me right now - but
I know what pictures to post, so I'll get them up as soon as it lets me.

I wanted to tell you that we made it through yesterday. It is over! Yeah! It was not uneventful. The morning actually went beautifully! Yes, beautifully, for a bone marrow aspiration that's saying A LOT! And the dentist filled the one cavity, and took xrays and did a full exam with Hans under and found no other cavities! I am totally thrilled with that news! We were on our way home at 10:30 and then I got a call that Hans' Potassium was through the roof at 6.2. So we picked up Roxie, checking out from her hotel, went back to TCH and did a stat blood draw to find out that his Potassium was fine/perfect at 4.2. Good news. Not fun experience. Oh well. We were home in time to meet Elle off the bus, so that was good.

I have to just vent that the caucus process was not fun and it was actually ridiculous. We were at our polling place for 2 hours to get our vote fully counted. The thing was that we just waited and waited in line to fill out a piece of paper and there wasn't any special dialogue or consensus building (it looked like that was sort of going on in Iowa and Nevada, from the clips I watched on the news.) A lot of people had kids with them and this was the night before the TAKS test. I don't think it was well planned out and I will make a formal complaint to the election board, and my party, for whatever that's worth...

Hope to post later with pictures. We're just taking it easy with Roxie in town for the next couple of days after what has been a whirlwind of activity! It's nice to be OFF Accutane! Hans was pretty slow moving around yesterday after both the BMA and the filling, but he ate well and is doing just fine this morning.

Lara

1 comment:

Claire Rider said...

I am glad you guys "made it through" the day! I know we are always sooooo glad to finish on our biopsy days. We are praying for great results!
claire