About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Office Visit

Hi -
Hans' appointment today went just fine. He actually gained .9 kilos or just about 2 pounds since last week. I think this correlates well with the number of ice cream cones he has eaten over the past week. But it's a little bit freaky! We are just a bit nervous about the upcoming scans - so of course we're hoping he's not growing something else inside that belly to account for the sudden weight gain.
His counts were fine and he handled the appointment reasonably well. I guess his veins aren't "very good" despite the fact that he is very well hydrated. This does make it a little unpleasant to go in for counts, but really that is the least of our concerns.
Happy Fourth of July to you! Enjoy a well-earned day off!
Lara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lara & Kevin, Elle and Hans,
It's Cindy from Edmonds! I ran into Auntie Michelle lastnight at Top Foods and she told me the latest update on Hans and the family. I had run into her at Costco before Christmas and that was the first I had heard about Hans' journey. Now that I know about this website I will keep in better touch with you all. See I threw in a little Texan there. Did ya catch that? Anyway, I have been praying for all of you since that first visit with Michelle and I have my parents praying and several other friends too. I am overwhelmed with all you have been through! I am so thankful for the awesome support system you have there in Texas. I am also thankful that I can now keep up on things and know what to pray about each week. I know God is the same today as He was yesterday and that He loves His kids and does not wish for them to suffer. I am believing for a complete healing for little Hans. I have seen some pretty amazing miracles and I know this is going to be one to write about. God Bless Each of You with His peace. Love, Cindy Lee