About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hans Took the Plunge!

Today we met some friends at the pool and Hans was ready! He suited up and got in! He had so much fun. I forgot my camera, but it was very cute! He had a huge smile and said cute things to me like, "I'm a good swimmer!" He swam with a noodle and was really pretty brave.
I'm very relieved because it's a lot easier to pass the summer in Texas in the pool than in a lawn chair. Hans even had a successful babysitting experience with Carmen yesterday while I got my teeth cleaned!

We don't have a clinic visit until next Tuesday, but I think we'll go into TCH on Thursday for a parent meeting on the topic of raising money for Neuroblastoma research.

There is a Run/Walk for a 4 year old little boy, Carson, who has an aggressive form of Lymphoma, on Saturday the 16th at Barbara Bush Elementary at 7:30 am. I can't make it now, due to Elle's swim meet, but I wish I could be there. I just found out that Carson's mom's first Run ever was the Run for Hans back in November.

Lara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, BOY!
Hans, we are so pleased to learn you are back in the swim of things! So refreshing to take a dip...often during the Texas summer!
We will hold Carson in our hearts and wish everyone wings on their feet during the run!
Our weather continues to be a surprise! It is much more like fall than summer, but I must say I am enjoying the cool, wet weather!
I can remember your dad swimming like a fish as a little guy, too! No wonder Hans and Elle enjoy the water!
Love and hugs,
Aunt Susy, John, Buzzy, and Leo the Lion (He likes the water, too!)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad things are getting back to normal for your family. Yeah Hans, I'm glad you took the leap, swimming is so much fun. Love, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin, Lara, Elle and Hans:

What a fabulous blog. This is the first time I've actually had some time to sit down and read your postings. And how wonderful to read that Hans finally took the big plunge. What a brave soldier he's been through all of this! I'm so happy that you are safe and sound and all living as a family under one blessed roof again.

Reni and I miss you all and ask God to bless your family every night before going to sleep. We added Han's picture next to Elle's on the closet door so she can see them every day.

Thanks again for visiting last week after your clinic appointment. I know Reni misses Elle. Hopefully someday she too will enjoy her very first plunge.

Much Love,

Leigh Ann and Serenity