About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Portrait, Fall 2006


This Portrait was taken just 2 1/2 weeks before Hans was admitted into Texas Children's Hospital. I just adore it! J. Isaac Photography took it outside of Hans' preschool, and then generously donated hundreds of wallets to pass out. I have truly enjoyed passing them out. I do have wallets to mail out to our friends and family who live far away. I have even given a couple to our favorite doctors and nurses at TCH.
Lara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lara and Kevin,

I was just remembering what it was like the Thanksgiving that Bobby was released from the hospital from his brain surgery. He wasn't walking very good and needed lots of care. I also remember how nice it was to be home and even have him there with us. My family will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best Thanksgiving you'll ever have. You and my family have alot of thanks to give to the Father above.

May God Bless you and your family and my he keep you all safe and well.

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hans looked fantastic this evening. It was great to see him eating, hanging out with the family, and just being the sweet independent trooper that he is.

Have a great Thanksgiving, guys. We are truly grateful for your family's friendship.

Love, the Virinas

Anonymous said...

Dear Lara and Kevin,

I just called Eli and Alice on their way to Louise's for Thanksgiving. Eli told me about this site and I immediately went to it and read all the entries.

As soon as my mother told me about Hans, I began praying regularly for Hans. I wanted to call but worried it might be too much to expect you to go through the whole story all over again. However, you all have been in my prayers since.

I don't have your email (I'm not the most computer savvy so if it's on this site, sorry didn't see it) but would like it. My email is andrew_lanczos@yahoo.com

If you have any remaining photos, I would love to have one that I can put with my Torah and other holy books and maybe it will help channel my prayers. My address is:
Flat 1
1A Blenheim Grove
London SE15 4QS
UK

I was so touched and pleased to see the loving community you have around you - I suppose one of the blessings of all of this is the timing, allowing you to stay where you have such support and love around you.

How lovely you have your father with you for Thanksgiving. I hope it is a wonderful day for you all.

Hans sure seems like a trooper! What a strong little guy. I send him love and strength.

I also couldn't believe how much Elle has grown and how much she looks like her mother, lucky girl :-)

Wishing you the best Thanksgiving and sending you all love from London. You stay in my prayers.

Love,
Cousin Andrew