About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hans's Journey

First Posting: Welcome to Hans's Journey - A Blog for Family & Friends

Dearest Family & Friends -

This online posting was created by the friends of Lara & Kevin to enable the easier dissemination of information regarding Hans' condition and on-going diagnostics at Texas Children's Hospital.

Updates will be performed as regularly as possible - and we kindly ask that each and every one of you keep Hans and his family in their prayers. Please check this site often and feel free to submit your own thoughts and best wishes on the comments section or via the family's own email address. We will gladly forward all information to Kevin & Lara as well. Let us all pray for Hans's immediate recovery and healing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you all. We have put fliers for the 5k in our school mail boxes and posted the sign on the front desk. We are a strong family in our school, and our hearts and prayers are with you! God Bless!!!!!!!!!
TMT

Anonymous said...

Hi-We are praying for all of you,and have asked family and friends to pray. we wanted you to know how very much we care about each of you. Wish we could give you a big hug. Hans- I hope you are finding something good to eat,see if you can eat 10 bites of something you like,maybe, ice cream! We love you buddy and want you to get bigger and stronger so eat up!!! Love to you all, Mel&Cindy

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Hans as well as your family. Our family is on it's last phase fighting the same cancer. God has been so good to us. He has been with us and I know he will also be with you. The Dr's @ Tx Children are the best. Dr. Russell (Kaitlyn's Dr) has been terrific supporting the whole family and helping us with all our needs. So I know you are in great hands. God bless you all.

Lisa Everitt

Anonymous said...

Dearest Weberling family,
You guys have been in my daily thoughts and prayers. I have several people keeping me updated on Hans' condition (Elle is my best source of information!) Everytime that I see her, she "fills me in" on the latest news!
I know that you guys have so many people offering to help with this and that, but . . . please let me know if I can do ANYTHING to help!
Elle is more than welcome to come to my classroom anytime after school as needed. If you are running late picking Elle up because of traffic or whatever, just call the school and ask them to send her to my classroom. She is so special and I really want to help. Today, she was talking to me about chemo and how it makes Hans sick. I shared with her that I, too had experienced chemo treatments and I said, "Look at me now!" She smiled and gave me a hug! She is a wonderful big sister!
Tell Hans that "Parkie" says "Hi!"
and I will see you guys on Saturday for the run (I'll be the WALKERin the back of the pack of runners!)
Fondly,
Cindy Parker

Anonymous said...

Dear Lara and Kevin,
I just wanted to let you all know that you are always on my mind. I know everything that you are going throught. My son Bobby had a brain tumor when he was 8 years old. They didn't give us much hope but we were going to fight this cancer with everything we had. I'm happy to say that Bobby is are senior in High School and doing very well now. When you have time to talk I would like to share our story with you both. But know that you are not alone with this fight. I'm here to hold your hands, give out hugs and just let you cry. Sometimes that is the only thing that will help. Call me anytime you can leave a message with the front office or send a note with Elle. Bobby also had a sister that went through everything with her little brother.
Hope to see you on Saturday Elle can also come home with me any time or just come and hang out with my family. Please let me know it I can help with anything at all.

Remember you are not alone with this we are here to help you out!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lara & Kevin...
This is Aunt Robyn & Uncle Mike from California. Our thughts & prayers are with you all through this difficult time. Just know he is in good hands & the road to recovery is closer each day. I just got off the phone with Diana & got a update. Sending lots of love & hugs for all of you.
xo
Mike & Robyn