About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

In Philly

We had a day of travel yesterday. Kevin got the worst of it with a 4 hour mystery delay. Oy! We are reunited here at the Sheraton - we'll get to swim in the pool before we go in for labs and the MIBG injection. We are also waiting for news on where we'll wind up tonight - the Sheraton might be all booked up, so we may have to 'move'.

Our trip to Seattle wrapped up. Over the weekend, my dad and I went out and did some shopping, we had a big family picnic at my Grandpas with my cousin Jen also in town from CA. We met girlfriends and kids at Woodland Park including Sunny, Sasha, Shelley and Jana. I got to babysit my Goddaughter Madi. Elle had a sleepover with her old pal Greta. Elle and I attended our friend Kerry and Sean's wedding reception. Congrats! Fun to be able to go - we've missed so many special events living out of state for the entire past decade. My mom graciously missed out to watch Hansie as his counts were too low to really 'party'. They had their annual jam making event with Papa. And swam! Hans can't get enough swimming. Esp. in 90 degree Seattle heat;) So fun to see everyone. Actually - we never get to see everyone - we still missed a few buds, 2 of our sibs, and a couple of cousins. I did pretty good on my side though, I think I actually managed to see 9 out of 13 first cousins and all of my aunts and uncles! Not bad:) I didn't do so well with Kevin's side b/c a lot of them are out of state now as well. I never feel like we get enough of anyone on our whirwind tour home. Elle and my mom have two extra days together. I think more swimming, some shopping and maybe even a little golf were on the agenda.

My big snafu was that I left my cell phone charger at my mom's. Elle will be kind enough to pack it home to me, but in the mean time if you need us, please try us on Kevin's phone. Sorry!

Praying for better scans, if not clean, scans!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: