About Me

My photo
Bakersfield, CA, United States
Hans was a busy, happy, sweet and fearless three year old when he was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. He fought his disease like a "gladiator" for nearly 6 years. Hans was an animal lover to his core. He was 'guarded' at home by his three cats, Black, Orange and Cotton. He also had his Golden Retriever, Honey, to keep him company. Hans enjoyed swimming, biking, gardening, grilling (he had his very own grill!), horseback riding, playing video games, building Legos, and flipping between Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet. Hans loved all members of his family and he was a loyal friend. He had to go through a lot of treatment in his life. But Hans powered through it. His attitude was let's get this done! His motivation was always to get back home, to his family, pets, favorite foods and pool.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Hans is Coins4kids.org featured kid for November! (aka Mr. November)

2nd post:
We did hear from the on-call doc that Hans' Potassium had risen .8 since Wednesday, that's great and just .6 to go til "normal" range. I guess they'll want to see us Monday or Tuesday to re-check. I'm hoping it's Tuesday. They're having a Christmas party up there and Hans may just as well have a little fun...
Elle got to go skating today with her friend Caley! Thanks for taking her, Sheri, it was good to see you guys!

Hi Guys,
I just realized that they picked Hans as the featured kid for the November Coins4Kids page. It's pretty cute! Check it out, and order your piggy bank, too. All proceeds you save up and cash in go right to the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation, just like Lunch for Life: http://www.coins4kids.org/novemberfeaturedkids.htm

I thought I should post again, just because I was kind of bummin' out after all that Hospital action on Wednesday. Yesterday we actually had a nice and relaxing and quiet day. We rented a couple of movies and hung out and played games and did a lot of Hans' very favorite activity of late - snuggled! He has got to be about the snuggliest little 4-year-old boy out there! The meal from HEB was pretty darn good. We just spruced it up with Kevin's sweet potatoes and Elle and Hans and I made an apple pie. It all turned out very nice and we are still full! We know how much we have to be thankful for! Thanks to all of you, for all of your prayers and support this past year. We hope you all are having a lovely holiday!
Today - Kevin and Hans are going to do a guy run down to the clinic for counts. I hope all goes well, our regular floor is closed today, so they'll be going to another part of the hospital. They just want to see the Potassium numbers creeping back up. Hans has been a total CHAMP swallowing the huge Potassium pill. He takes it like he did the Accutane, in a teaspoon of Reddi Whip. I'm very proud to see him swallow such a huge pill!
Elle and I are snaking out of hospital duty to do a little shopping. I need to replace both my cell phone and our digital camera! Thanks to Kathy, Debi, Holly and Susan for getting us the perfect early Christmas gift of a new camera. I figure there'll be a good deal today. Elle and I are brave enough to go out there with the masses! Tomorrow Elle and I are going to the Nutcracker with Ginger, Morgan and Adrian. And, Marlene asked me to stop by the Woodlands Fit Run in the morning to possibly hand out LFL bags! I'll try to post again soon with the good news that the potassium is perking up!
Lara

No comments: